Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Today I’m sharing Budget Friendly Meals: Barbecue Chicken Entrée Salad which has been compensated by #CollectiveBias and Kraft.
During the summer my family spends more time (especially when we have visitors) out and about. You can find us enjoying the beach, amusement parks, fairs, outdoor concerts, summer movies, and more. With all of this entertainment comes more spending. By the time the end of the month rolls around, I sometimes find myself stretching my food budget. That’s why I like Budget Friendly Meals: Barbecue Chicken Entrée Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing. It’s a refreshing dinner recipe that costs under $20 to make for a family of four.
I like to coupon but I don’t always have the time to. When I need to stretch my food budget around the 1st and 15th of the month I head to Walmart and shop their Rollback deals. On a recent trip I saw a lot of KRAFT products on Rollback. I picked up KRAFT Barbecue Sauce, KRAFT Ranch Dressing, and VELVEETA Shredded Cheese to #RollIntoSavings. With these ingredients I made my Budget Friendly Meals: Barbecue Chicken Entrée Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing which is a great summer meal.
This salad is quick & easy to make, delicious, chock-full of nutritious veggies, and filling. So filling that I didn’t hear a peep out of my Marine hubby who often comes home with a big appetite.
Feel free to use thawed and drained frozen corn in this recipe instead of steamed corn on the cob.
If you don’t want hot chicken on your salad, you can serve it warm or at room-temperature.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup KRAFT Barbecue Sauce
- 1 10-ounce package chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ½ cup corn, cooked and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup halved and sliced radishes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup VELVEETA Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 375 degrees F. Place the chicken in an 8x8-inch baking dish and cover evenly with the KRAFT Barbecue Sauce. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let the chicken cool slightly and slice on a diagonal.
- In a large bowl add the romaine lettuce, ¼ cup of the chopped cilantro, corn, radishes, black beans, VELVEETA Shredded Cheese, and tomato. Toss until all of the toppings are evenly distributed. Pour the salad out onto a large platter and top with the sliced chicken and avocado.
- In a small bowl mix the KRAFT Ranch Dressing and the remaining ¼ cup cilantro together. Top the salad with the ranch dressing mixture serve.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple,Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog